Apply To Become A Beneficiary
The application to apply to become a 2016 beneficiary is now closed. Our 2016 beneficiaries will be announced in April.
Who may apply:
• Tax exempt 501(c)(3) or 509(a)(1) organizations serving Clay, Platte or Ray Counties
Harvest Ball Society will not fund:
• Individual needs
• Capital campaign requests
• Any multi-year funding commitment
• Private foundations
• Organizations that restrict choices or limit options
• Political parties, candidates, issues or political activities
• Programs primarily established for evangelical purposes
o Programs of religious organizations that provide services to anyone regardless of race, religion or ethnicity will be considered for funding
• Bricks and mortar
• The 2015 grant recipients will be selected in April 2015. The grant amount will be determined at the conclusion of all fundraising activities and will be awarded at the Annual Meeting of the Harvest Ball Society, which is held during the last two weeks of January 2016.
• Selection as a grant recipient in any past year does not guarantee or imply selection in future years. Each applicant should ensure their application reflects not only the value of the services provided by the organization, but the necessity for additional funding to meet the charitable purposes of the organization during the upcoming year.
• A representative of any organization selected for funding may be invited to make a brief presentation describing services at a meeting of the Harvest Ball Society during the funding year.
• By submitting an application, each grant recipient agrees to be available for an on-site visit to allow observation of the conduct of its charitable activities by members of the Charity Selection Committee.
• Grant recipients will be given an opportunity to support various Harvest Ball Society activities, including the annual Style Show and Harvest Ball.
Contact Annie Holwick, Charity Liaison at (816) 392-5330 with any questions.